Bahamas cruises are fashionable, particularly for shorter voyages. Conveniently positioned lower than one hundred miles from Miami, the world’s busiest cruise port, each Nassau and Freeport are bustling ports with many sights to delight cruise passengers.
When to Take a Bahamas Cruise
Because of the comfort as nicely because the temperate local weather, Bahamas cruises operate 12 months-spherical with multiple ships making prolonged stays within the ports. Due to the proximity to the United States, Bahamas cruises may depart on any day of the week. One precaution to take with Bahamas cruises is to be aware of hurricane season (June 1 via November 30), when tremendous storms can disrupt even rigorously deliberate vacations. Resulting from their jap location, the Bahamas are more frequently impacted by hurricanes than every other Caribbean nation, though cruise lines take every precaution to minimize alterations.
– Bahamas Cruise Liners
– Bahamas Sailing Charter
– Bahamas Shore Excursion Choices
Bahamas cruises range in size from three days to over every week, relying on totally different ports of call. Cruises that solely stop within the Bahamas are often shorter itineraries, normally just three or 4 days – good for a weekend getaway – whereas longer Eastern Caribbean Cruises may also embody a cease within the Bahamas. Voyages from extra distant embarkation ports, resembling New York, are additionally longer itineraries although the time is spent at sea somewhat than docked in port.
All of the major cruise lines call on the Bahamas, including Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian, and Windjammer Cruises. Even the largest ships can be accommodated at Bahamas’ piers, and plenty of cruise ships opt to spend extended periods (twenty-4 hours or extra) docked within the Bahamas to allow passengers to experience the nation’s quite a few sights.
Embarkation Ports for Bahamas Cruises
The most convenient embarkation ports for Bahamas destinations are clearly on the eastern Florida coast. Nevertheless, due to the recognition of Bahamas cruises, several different ports supply sailings to Bahamas destinations.
– Miami, FL: Closest to the Bahamas, a number of ships set sail from this frenetic port meaning to name on Nassau, Freeport, or each major Bahamas ports.
– Fort Lauderdale, FL: Just twenty-five miles north of Miami, Fort Lauderdale additionally provides multiple Bahamas sailings.
– Port Canaveral, FL: Further north along Florida’s Atlantic coast, this port is extra handy for northern passengers who want to cruise to the Bahamas.
– Jacksonville, FL: In the excessive northeastern nook of the state, this small port presents a restricted variety of Bahamas cruises with barely longer itineraries.
– Norfolk, VA: Conveniently situated for northeastern and Midwestern states, this port presents a restricted selection of different cruises, together with Bahamas getaways.
– New York, NY: Ships crusing from New York could offer a limited number of Bahamas itineraries that embody several days at sea.
For passengers who are considering combining a Bahamas cruise with different destinations, Eastern Caribbean Cruises are another choice, with a greater variety of departure ports catering to different cruise lines, vacation lengths, and ports of name.
Ports of Call for Bahamas Cruises
There are two major ports of call for Bahamas cruises, Nassau (the nation’s capital) and Freeport (a lively destination on Grand Bahama island). Many cruise lines additionally supply private locations within the Bahamas, resembling unique beaches or complete private islands.
– Nassau: The capital of the Bahamas, Nassau provides a large number of golf excursions, dolphin encounters, snorkeling adventures, historical tours, and buying locations. A well-liked choice is to go to the famed Atlantis resort on nearby Paradise Island (linked to New Providence Island by a number of bridges), where visitors can attempt their luck in the biggest Caribbean on line casino and discover inventive and innovative aquariums.
– Freeport: Similar excursions await guests to Freeport, together with nearly 100 shops at the delightful International Bazaar procuring district in addition to beautiful vistas within the Garden of the Groves, a backyard featuring waterfalls, tropical flora and fauna, and impressive trails.
– Personal Islands: Many mainstream cruise lines embody non-public islands as a part of their Bahamian itineraries, where passengers can get pleasure from native delicacies, limited procuring, and adventurous excursions equivalent to jet ski rentals, aqua parks, pristine beaches, and snorkeling with out the crowds from other cruise ships. Cruise lines that offer private islands include Royal Caribbean (CocoCay), Disney Cruise Line (Castaway Cay), Holland America Cruise Line (Half Moon Cay), Norwegian Cruise Line (Nice Stirrup Cay), and Princess Cruises (Princess Cays).
Perfect for a quick tropical getaway, the Bahamas provides every part that Caribbean cruises are revered for: white sand beaches, exciting excursions, exorbitant purchasing, and unforgettable recollections. Whether or not you’re involved in a fast sojourn or an extended vacation, the Bahamas will carry you all the best any cruise destination can provide.